From Weight Watchers – but I changed it up a bit.
- 1 carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (2 1/2 inch) strips lemon zest
- 1 (255 g) pkg refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Couple of handfuls of packaged baby spinach
- Bring broth and zest to boil in large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in tortellini, cover and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, 8 minutes.
- Stir in peas and seasoning. Simmer, uncovered until tortellini is tender and peas are heated through (about 2 min).
- Discard lemon zest. Throw in spinach and let it wilt.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan.
* Note: The original recipe called for 1 tsp of salt. I thought that was a bit much – my soup was pretty salty & I was soooo thirsty for the rest of the night afterwards… but use what you like and make it your own! Enjoy!