My Mom’s very dear friend, Solana, gave this recipe to her years ago. I consider Solana a very dear friend too and she is an incredible woman who introduced a whole world of exciting food to my Mom & I.
And it must be said, after all these years, if I ever want to butter up hubby – this is seriously, the go-to dish.
- 1 package shanghai noodles (fresh)
- 3 1/2 Tbsp soya sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp hot chili oil (one Tbsp of oil can be substituted with hot chili oil to make noodles spicier)
- 1 tsp hot chili sauce
- 6 green onions, sliced fine
- Cook noodles for 2 minutes in salted, boiling water.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drain noodles and rinse with cold water. Combine noodles with other ingredients in the bowl.
- Let this sit for a couple of hours to blend flavours.
- Serve at room temperature or reheat.
NOTE: You can also add shrimp, chicken, beef, cilantro, broccoli, snow peas, etc.