I’ve been watching a lot of Food Network shows lately and I have a couple of foodie friends I admire, so I branched out and tried something new with salmon and got rave reviews from hubby. The following recipe isn’t exact – amounts are a guesstimate – tailor it to your own taste:
- 2-3 Tbsp dill, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp chopped capers
- 1/2 tsp bottled ginger
- 1-2 clove garlic
- 4 salmon filets
- white wine
- olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, mixing together well, but not mashing the herbs.
- Tear 8 aluminum foil sheets big enough to accommodate a filet – leaving enough room for the foil to be tented around the fish. Double up the foil so that you have four packets in all. Spray the bottom of each packet.
- Place the salmon skin side down in the foil packet. Wrap the foil around the fish so that it creates a bit of a bowl. Pour some wine into each packet (however much you like – pour some in a glass for yourself too, while you’re at it!) and pour a bit of olive oil on top of the filet. Make sure there is still an opening in the foil for steam to escape.
- Place foil packets on grill. Leave about 5 minutes. Spoon herb mixture over salmon (careful of the hot grill – I learned that the hard way!)
- Cook salmon another 5-7 minutes or until flaky and tender.
- Pour another glass of wine & enjoy!
This was great with sliced, roasted potatoes & grilled zucchini.