(AKA the last minute meal made with ingredients found at the bottom of my fridge on a Tuesday night)
- 1 tetra pack of chicken broth
- 7-10 breakfast sausages, sliced (or to your taste – and depending on how many you have and how long they’ve been sitting in the deli drawer)
- 1-2 cups bagged spinach (or however much is still in the bag that isn’t all black and slimy yet)
- any veggies you can find in the fridge that still have a little life in them
- 1/2 cup chick peas (or whatever is left in the Tupperware container from three days ago)
- In a pot over medium heat, cook the sausages, drain.
- Pour in the broth, bring to a boil. I added some garlic and pepper at this point. The sausages were salty and I didn’t need to add any additional salt.
- Throw in veggies and chick peas. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Toss in the spinach and heat until it is wilted.
- Serve with lots of wine and a bun… or the bread that’s about to expire and better be eaten today or else…